I am a fan of natural anti-aging products. The problem is finding natural products that make a huge difference to your skin.
I have long ago banned chemical anti-aging products from my house, not because they do not work, but because they can dangerous if they build up in your body.
Head to your bathroom and pick up a facial wash or moisturizer. Begin to look up the toxicity of the ingredients.
For example: Zinc Oxide which is found in everything from skin care to make-up to supplements has the following toxicity warning:
- Allergies (immunotoxicity)
- Non-reproductive Organ system toxicity
Unless you are making your own skin care products, it may be impossible to find completely risk free products because even essential oils can carry some risk. Opt for products that have the least amount of toxic offenders and stay clear of the ones that cause cancer and bio-accumulate in your body.
There is a brand that has a few products which I believe should be a staple in any skin care regimen. The brand is Cosmeceutical Sciences Institute(CSI) and can be found on Amazon for a good price.
Here are the 5 products that I believe should be a permanent staple:
1. Cleanser. A cleanser should be used twice and not have any harsh stripping agents in it. Begin by wetting your face and neck. Apply a small amount of cleanser to your wet fingertips and rub them together. Spread the cleanser on your skin with circular motions. Wash with warm water.
Repeat but this time add 1/8 teaspoon of sugar (white table sugar) to the cleanser on your finger tips and apply to your face and neck in circular motions. Rinse well with cool water.
2. Tone with apple cider vinegar. I like Bragg’s brand and it can be bought on Amazon or in a health food store. Apply the apple cider vinegar to a cotton ball and apply to your skin.
Your face will probably flush red. This is normal and will only last a few moments.
If you have very sensitive skin, mix a small amount of aloe vera liquid with the apple cider vinegar. Apply this to skin. Allow to dry.
3. Apply a fruit stem cell serum with hyaluronic acid. The fruit stem cells help to repair your skin and collagen while the hyaluronic acid binds 1,000x its weight in moisture and plumps your skin.
4. Next apply Pure Moroccan Argan oil as a moisturizer. Apply to fingertips and use sweeping motions over the skin to apply. A little goes a long way.
5. For an added night time natural brightener. After cleansing and toning:
- Use plain Kefir (found in the refrigerator section of a health food store)
- Squeeze a tiny bit of juice from one small lime
- Add in 2 capsules of refrigerated probiotics
- Stir to mix well.
- Paint this onto skin and allow to dry.
I recommend for women to sleep in this. The lactic acid in the kefir will help exfoliate the skin, add moisture and brighten. The lime adds further brightening and tightening, while the probiotics add healthy bacteria to your skin to keep it strong and function at its best.
Rinse off and follow the regular skin care regimen. Use this 3x a week.
Here is the list of products I recommend and where you can find them:
1. CSI Rosehip Facial Cleanser – Amazon
2. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar – health food store
3. CSI Anti-Aging Fruit Stem Cell Serum with Hyaluronic Acid – Amazon http://www.amazon.com/CSI-Anti-Aging-Fruit-Serum-Hyaluronic/dp/B003Z3WRJ6/
4. CSI 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil – Natural Rejuvenating Oil – Amazon http://www.amazon.com/CSI-100%25-Pure-Moroccan-Argan/dp/B008A2HGGQ
5. Kefir and lime – health food store
Ultra-Dophilus (50 billion bacterias) – Amazon