Proper skin care with the best skin care tips is one of the best things you can do for prevention. It is important to wash your skin every morning and evening.
Do not wash your skin with soap. Soap often is alkaline and your skin is acidic. The soap will break down your natural skin barrier and the alkalinity in the soap will dry out your skin.
Use good quality products. Do not just pick something up from the grocery store for your skin. Specialized products help keep your skin healthy and youthful.
Here are 6 of the best skin care tips you probably haven’t heard about:
1. Cleanse. Most people have heard that you should cleanse 2x. The first cleanse should be to remove surface dirt and the second cleanse is to remove deeper oils and dirt. On the second cleanse mix it with an exfoliant like regular white table sugar. Sugar is a wonderful anti-microbial agent and it also softens and tightens skin.
2. Skin brush your face. Using a skin brush, like a Clarisonic Skin cleansing brush helps to stimulate collagen when used morning and night with your skin care regimen. Avoid the delicate tiisue area around your eyes.
If the brush is too harsh for your skin, use only 1x a day and every other day until your skin builds up a tolerance. It will, don’t give up.
3. Masque. Clay masks mixed with apple cider vinegar can help erase the appearance of wrinkles over time. Clay has long been touted as a health miracle, but few know about the skin miracle associated with clay and apple cider vinegar.
Buy a clay like Egyptian healing clay and mix a small amount with Braggs apple cider vinegar. Mix well. You are looking for a toothpaste consistency. Apply this to your face, avoiding your eyes and lips. Allow to dry, then rewet the clay on your skin by pressing a wet washcloth to your face. Once wet, slowly begin to remove the clay with circular motions.
The clay can itch, this is normal. It is also normal that your skin will be red when you rinse off the clay. It will return to normal in a few minutes.
4. Honey moisture treatment. Raw honey mixed with a small amount of black strap molasses makes the best moisturizing masque during the winter months. Apply to skin and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off well. Both of these contain very healthy skin nutrition and will help fight bacteria that may be breeding on your skin due to hormonal changes.
5. Feed your skin. Just like your colon, your skin needs probiotics too. Make a mask of yogurt or kefir, mix in some probiotics, apply to your skin and leave this on for either a few hours or overnight. Do this 3x a week. If your skin is aging, mix a tiny bit of fresh squeezed lime juice into your kefir/probiotic mix.
6. Moisturize. Forget expensive creams. Raw coconut oil is one of the best skin smoothers and moisturizers. Eat it and apply a tiny amount to your skin.
Avoid your eye area because the molecules in coconut oil are too large and will form small white bumps under your skin called milia.
Apply argan oil around your eyes instead of coconut oil.
If you follow these 6 best skin care tips your skin will be looking healthy and vibrant before you know it.