It is a fact that most people are aging at a faster rate. Kids are now even dealing with adult types of maladies. I meet 20 year olds that look like they are 40, and 50 year olds that feel like they are 70.
There are several culprits that cause an increase in aging, but for this article, I am going to focus on your diet guidelines.
Your diet can have a profound affect on your health and the way you look and feel. A poor diet will leave you looking and feeling bad. A good diet will help you to feel and look vibrant.
If you put dead, over processed foods into your body, your body will then reflect that in your health and beauty. On the other hand, if you fill yourself with raw, vibrant foods, you feel vibrant and have a glowing look.
Here are my top 10 healthy aging diet guidelines:
1. Eat Raw Foods. Most people shun from this thought because we are very emotionally attached to cooked foods. However, there is nothing that compares to the way you look and feel when you are eating a raw food diet. Begin by eating 50% raw every day.
2. Eat Plenty of Fruits. We often think that fruit is a kid’s food, but reality is that we still need plenty of fruit in our diet. Fruit will not make you fat. The carbs found in fruit is much different than refined carbs. Eating a copious amount of fruit daily will also remove sugar cravings.
3. Juicing. Many people’s health and body responds very quickly to juicing. Some people enter juice feasting while others just replace a meal with juice. Juicing is an important way to get quick results in the way you look and feel.
4. Eat Water Rich Foods. It is not only important to drink your water, but eat your water as well. Most people are chronically dehydrated and do not even know it. Foods like cucumber, watermelon, tomatoes, peaches, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, carrots, squash and bell peppers are high water rich foods.
5. No Red Wine. While you may have heard that red wine is good for you. The Resveratrol in red wine is beneficial but you can get that from eating red grapes without dealing with the poisonous and dehydrating effects of alcohol.
6. Eat Turmeric. Turmeric is the best anti-inflammatory agent for your body. Taken internally and made into a paste and put on skin and then rinsed off will render you glowing inside and out.
7. Go Green. Dump your morning coffee and replace it with green coffee. Roasting the coffee actually removes the beneficial ingredient that is a superb anti-oxidant. Green coffee won’t taste like coffee but will give you similar stimulating effects that will enhance your health.
8. Avoid Grain. Grains are not what they used to be. They are now very adulterated and they all have a negative impact on your health. I recommend reading the book, “Wheat Belly” to learn more. Opt for Quinoa instead of grain.
9. Chew Like a Beaver. Chew each mouthful of food at least 25 times and work at moving to 50 times before you swallow. Digestion begins in your mouth and that is where most of your digestion should actually occur. Amazing health benefits and even weight loss has been achieved just by chewing food completely.
10. Timing Your Eating. Eat like a prince in the morning and a pauper in the evening. Your morning meal should be your biggest meal of the day and taper down throughout the day. Your evening meal should be light and should be eaten 3-4 hours before sleeping.
By using my top 10 healthy aging diet guidelines you will be feeling like new in a short amount of time.